Detroit Speed Takes the Noise Out of a Ford 9-Inch
Looking for the strength of a Ford 9-inch but the reduced noise and increased efficiency of an 8.8-inch? Now you can have the best of both worlds thanks to Detroit Speed and their new FN988 center section; a 9-inch housing utilizing 8.8-inch internal components.
Detroit Speed offers five different gear ratios, 3.08, 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, and 4.10, in a complete assembly that will bolt directly into your 9-inch housing. The third member comes complete with forged alloy steel carrier bearing caps, a high-strength nodular case, safety-wired ARP hardware, a 1350 forged steel pinion yoke, and a 31-spline Eaton Truetrac differential. It’s built to handle some serious power yet delivers it quietly and more efficiently than any 9-inch.
- Patent-pending design utilizes an 8.8 gear set, which is quieter and more efficient than standard 9-inch components
- High-strength nodular cast iron case
- Available in the following gear ratios: 3.08, 3.27, 3.55, 3.73, and 4.10
- Forged alloy steel carrier bearing caps
- 31-spline Eaton Truetrac 8.8-inch differential
- Premium ring & pinion utilizing ARP ring bolts with safety wire
- 1350 forged steel pinion yoke and U-bolt kit
- Threaded jack bolt holes in mounting flange ease case removal from axle housing
- Case includes mounting holes for bolt-on accessories
- Continuous lubrication of pinion bearings provided by internal oil channels
- Solid pinion preload spacer
- Designed and engineered at DSE and made in USA
For more information, go to Detroit Speed FN988.