A Breakdown of Goodguys’ 2020 Custom of the Year Award
Goodguys 2019 Custom of the Year shown above – Steve Pierce’s 1940 Buick Super – homebuilt by Steve
Goodguys honors the coolest custom car with the Custom of the Year title every season! If it’s chopped, channeled, shaved, tucked, frenched, smoothed, and/or sectioned and coated in candy, chrome, flake, or pearl we want it, we’ll crown it, we’ll honor it and give it the title of Goodguys’ 2020 Street Rod Headquarters Custom of the Year! It’s all part of our annual Goodguys “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year campaign and it’s one of the hottest awards programs in the country!
So how can you get involved and get your custom on the radar for this prestigious award? Well here’s the lowdown…
1. First off, your vehicle has to meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- Custom vehicles 1936 through 1972 vintage are eligible
- This award is designed to honor an exceptional custom car. The award is open to all styles and genres of customs (from traditional to radical to modern).
2. How can I compete for a chance to win the 2020 Custom of the Year Title?
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the Custom of the Year award will be chosen online in 2020. Click the link below to view the full online submission criteria and entry process. For any questions, email [email protected] or [email protected].
-2020 Street Rod Headquarters Custom of the Year entry process and information-
3. And how about the overall winner? How is it selected?
- The selection committee for these awards are made up of industry experts and Goodguys staff members. Each member of the selection committee places their Top 5 picks in order of preference. The first choice will receive five points, second choice four points, third choice thee points, and so on. The winner is then determined by whoever receives the most total points.
4. What does the winner receive for having the coolest Custom in the country?
- National bragging rights
- Beautiful billet aluminum award from Goodguys
- RaceDeck garage flooring
- Display Stanchion from Hot Rod Halo
- Car Care products from Meguiar’s
- Full color feature in the Goodguys Magazine and Yearbook
- Special feature on FuelCurve.com
- Exclusive invitation and travel accommodations to the season-ending Goodguys 23rd Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale, AZ where all of the “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year will be on display