Goodguys’ 2021 Muscle Car of the Year Competition Heating Up!
Goodguys 2019 Muscle Car of the Year shown above – Charles Donaldson’s 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator – Restored by KTL Restorations
That’s right! Each year, Goodguys heads out on the road in search of America’s finest 1960-1987 all-original, numbers matching, off-the-showroom-floor Muscle Car! And when we find it, we crown it, honor it and give it the title of Goodguys Billet Specialties Muscle Car of the Year! It’s all part of our annual Goodguys “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year campaign and it’s one of the hottest awards programs in the country!
So how can you get involved and get your mighty Muscle Car on the radar for this prestigious award? Well here’s the lowdown…
1. First off, your car has to meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- Muscle Cars of all makes 1960 through 1987
- Designed to honor an original factory stock or original fully restored Muscle Car of superb quality.
- The car must attend a minimum of (1) of the remaining (15) “Regional Finalist” events in 2021 listed below and park in either the Mighty Muscle special parking area on the Saturday of the event or in the Indoor car show display area throughout the weekend (when applicable) to have a chance to be selected as a “Regional Finalist” for 2021.
2. So how are “Regional Finalists” selected?
- (1) “Regional Finalist” that fits the award criteria will be selected from each of the events listed below will be selected by the Goodguys awards staff. This method benefits participants from all regions of the country – east to west, north to south – instead of limiting the award to a certain region and certain event.
3. What events can I compete to be a “Regional Finalist” at in 2021?
- 2nd Kentucky Nationals, October 11-13, 2019 Lexington, KY (selected finalist shown below)
- 22nd Speedway Motors Southwest Nationals, November 15-17, 2019 Scottsdale, AZ (selected finalist shown below)
- 29th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals, July 3-5, 2020 Des Moines, IA (selected finalist shown below)
- 1st RaceDeck Salt Lake Nationals, July 17-19, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT (selected finalist shown below)
- 23rd Speedway Motors Southwest Nationals, 2020 November 20-22, Scottsdale, AZ (selected finalist shown below)
- 11th LMC Truck Spring Lone Star Nationals, March 12-14, 2021 Ft. Worth, TX
- 11th FiTech Fuel Injection Spring Nationals, April 16-18, 2021 Scottsdale, AZ
- 6th Griot’s Garage North Carolina Nationals, April 23-25, 2021 Raleigh, NC
- 2nd RaceDeck Salt Lake Nationals, May 21-23, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT
- 15th BASF Nashville Nationals, May 28-30, 2021 Nashville, TN
- 1st Meguiar’s All Star Get-Together, June 5-6, 2021 Fort Worth, TX
- 30th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals, July 2-4, 2021 Des Moines, IA
- 23rd Summit Racing Nationals, July 9-11, 2021 Columbus, OH
- 33rd Griot’s Garage Pacific Northwest Nationals, July 23-25, 2021 Puyallup, WA
- 19th CPP Great Northwest Nationals, August 13-15, 2021 Spokane, WA
- 2nd Grundy Collector Car Insurance Great American Nationals, August 20-22, 2021 York, PA
- 34th West Coast Nationals, August 27-29, 2021 Pleasanton, CA
- 23rd Colorado Nationals, September 10-12, 2021 Loveland, CO
- 28th Summit Racing Lone Star Nationals, September 24-26, 2021 Ft Worth, TX
- 20th Meguiar’s Del Mar Nationals, October 1-3, 2021 Del Mar, CA
- *24th Speedway Motors Southwest Nationals, November 19-21, 2021 Scottsdale, AZ*
*Finalist Chosen at this event will be added to the list of 2022 Muscle Car of the Year finalists
4. And how about the overall winner? How is it selected?
- Once all (20) “Regional Finalists” are selected, a team of Goodguys staff and select non-partisan builders and manufacturers from across the country will vote on and select the overall winner of the award.
- Overall Winner will be announced on Friday, October 8th, 2021
5. What does the winner receive for having the mightiest Muscle Car in the country?
- National bragging rights
- Beautiful billet aluminum award from Goodguys
- RaceDeck garage flooring
- Car Care products from Meguiar’s
- 10×10 E-Z UP canopy
- Full color feature in the Goodguys Magazine and Yearbook
- Special feature on FuelCurve.com
- Exclusive invitation and travel accommodations to the season-ending Goodguys 24th Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale, AZ where all of the “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year will be on display