New 1961-65 Ford Falcon Suspension System From Ridetech
The new Ridetech 1961-65 Ford Falcon suspension system was built front the ground up to bring the falcon into the 21st century. Using either coil-over shocks or our Ridetech patented Shockwave Air Suspension, you can use this system to get world class handling and performance from your classic Ford Falcon.
Ridetech started with fitting 225/40-R18 tires (Recommended Backspace 5.00 in.-5.25 in.) and then built a tubular control arm set up to provide all the correct geometry to get them to work effectively.
The steering was also completely updated to provide quick response and virtually no bump steer.
To finish off the front suspension, we fitted a new MuscleBar sway bar that is heavy enough to take on the most aggressive of drivers.
This suspension package for the Ford Falcon will absolutely stun you!
- Includes New Ridetech Spindles (compatible with 67-69 Camaro Brakes)
- Bumpsteer reduced to less than 1/16 in.
- Mini-Starter required to clear Tru-Turn Draglink Adapter (not Included)
- Complete steering upgrade includes: Draglink (my require mini-starter for clearance), pitman arm (1 in. steering box sector shaft), idler arm, idler arm mount – compatible with manual steering, can be adapted to use Borgeson power steering system
- Zero to over 7 degrees of caster possible
- 1 1/8 in. Solid Front Sway Bar – Rate 608 lbs/in
- When equipped with 225/40 -R18 tires, standard ride height is 22.75 in. ground to the fender lip
Ridetech chose to fix the rear suspension in much the same way we have done on many muscle cars originally equipped with leaf springs… swap in a 4-link.
This rear bolt-on 4-link suspension system completely transforms the little Ford Falcon into a world-class handling machine, and at the same time provides an incredibly smooth ride and bind-free operation.
Starting off, the rear will accept up to a 225/40-R18 with a recommended backspace 5.50 in. – 6.00 in. and provide a ride Height: 18 ¾” ground to the fender lip.
- Adjustable 4-link bars including R-Joints
- Triangulated 4-Link – no need for pan hard bar and keeps rear end movement vertical
- Bolt-in cradle
- Upper control arm axle mounts require welding
- Spacers included to fit multiple factory leaf spring mounts (2 in. and 3 in.)
- 3 mounting holes for lower control arm at axle
- 1 – Top hole: Anti-squat 74.4 percent – Instant Center 72.8 in. – Roll Center 12.95 in.
- 2 – Middle Hole: Anti-Squat 108.1 percent – Instant Center 58.35 in. – Roll Center 11.67 in.
- 3 – Bottom Hole: Anti-Squat 135.5 percent – Instant Center 50.25 in. – Roll Center 10.35 in.
Visit www.RideTech.com for more information.